Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Brief update

As always, since I wait so long in between posts, there's been a lot going on around here. Medically, my elbow surgery went well and they removed the wires and pins out of my elbow. I had a huge knarly scar (again) stapled up, and I removed the said staples last night myself. I have an ortho follow up tomorrow morning, but everything should be fine as my elbow hasn't felt this good in about a year!
James had an emergency situation on Sunday which landed him in the ER. He ended up flat on the floor in severe pain thinking somehow he pulled his back, but it turns out he had a kidney stone the size of a pea. Patient is recovering well, up and about as he is quite stubborn to take it easy. But it was a scary situation, and made for a LONG day.
Slade is about as cute as ever, impersonating James and I more and more and more. Which, in turn, is making us more and more aware of what we say or do around him. His latest: 'Slade, what does a puppy dog say?' to which Slade pants. 'Slade, what does a kitty cat say?' Slade (while rubbing his wrist against his cheek, impersonating a cat cleaning its face): 'mewmewmewmew!!!' in a soft voice. :)
His speech is a little behind, probably due to his chronic ear infections for so long, but we work with him on clarification. His biggest addition to the vocabulary: going around the room pointing at stuff saying "What's this?" And the dogs aren't allowed to roam around the house when they're inside, so we yell "KITCHEN!" when they push the boundary. Slade, today, after James yelled "KITCHEN!" ran after the dogs and screamed as clear as day, "Get in KITCHEN!!!" much to our surprise. We are left cracking up at his antics everyday.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! Slade really is growing up. I can't wait to see y'all again. Love, Anna